ICMS is happy to announce that it has approved a short Research-in-Groups programme entitled Spectral Triples on A(T)-Algebras and Generalisations submitted by Dr Joachim Zacharias (Nottingham). Dr Zacharias will work on a short research project in Glasgow, with Dr Stuart White (Glasgow) and Dr Adam Skalski (Lancaster/Lódź), from 22 March – 3 April 2009. All three researchers work in operator algebra theory and hope to make specific substantial progress within selected topics involving spectral triples. A report will be published on the icms website following the activity. This research is funded by EPSRC, the Edinburgh Mathematical Society and the Glasgow Mathematical Journal Trust. Visit http://www.icms.org.uk/proposals/rigs for background details.
- RT @EmineZehra: I've just jumped out of my comfort zone and will be attending XXIV EURO Working Group on Locational Analysis Meeting until… 1 day ago
- Today, and for the rest of the week, we're hosting the 24th EURO Working Group on Locational Analysis maths.ed.ac.uk/ewgla/ 2 days ago
- This year's YRM conference is in Southampton. Should be just as much fun for young mathematicians as the year we… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 3 days ago
- RT @paglend: Michael Atiyah: Jack Carr was a modest man who would never blow his own trumpet, so it is fitting that we blow his trumpet for… 4 days ago
- We're honoured to be hosting the memorial workshop for Jack Carr. This is how the morning began... twitter.com/paglend/status… 4 days ago
ICMS on Flickr
ICMS on Facebook