ICMS is happy to announce that it has approved a short Research-in-Groups programme entitled Spectral Triples on A(T)-Algebras and Generalisations submitted by Dr Joachim Zacharias (Nottingham). Dr Zacharias will work on a short research project in Glasgow, with Dr Stuart White (Glasgow) and Dr Adam Skalski (Lancaster/Lódź), from 22 March – 3 April 2009. All three researchers work in operator algebra theory and hope to make specific substantial progress within selected topics involving spectral triples. A report will be published on the icms website following the activity. This research is funded by EPSRC, the Edinburgh Mathematical Society and the Glasgow Mathematical Journal Trust. Visit http://www.icms.org.uk/proposals/rigs for background details.
- RT @HeriotWattUni: Today we are celebrating women in engineering! Happy #INWED2017! https://t.co/VLsIypSoMa 1 day ago
- RT @womeninmaths: Journal of Humanistic Mathematics is calling for papers for a special issue on Mathematics and Motherhood https://t.co/3F… 1 day ago
- ICMS is exists so that mathematicians don’t have to organise an event at 1am after the kids are in bed. theguardian.com/global-develop… 1 day ago
- RT @ProfArno: #SciSister: A Scientific Sisterhood. Expertise and support even in the wilds of Scotland. chemicalimbalance.ed.ac.uk/scisister #WISE via @… 2 days ago
- RT @news_RSE: RSE President Dame Jocelyn Bell Burnell. Book now for her lecture Mon 30 Oct 6pm ow.ly/7rbc30cNHOB https://t.co/TaA0LY… 2 days ago
ICMS on Flickr
ICMS on Facebook