ICMS is happy to announce that it has approved a short Research-in-Groups programme entitled Spectral Triples on A(T)-Algebras and Generalisations submitted by Dr Joachim Zacharias (Nottingham). Dr Zacharias will work on a short research project in Glasgow, with Dr Stuart White (Glasgow) and Dr Adam Skalski (Lancaster/Lódź), from 22 March – 3 April 2009. All three researchers work in operator algebra theory and hope to make specific substantial progress within selected topics involving spectral triples. A report will be published on the icms website following the activity. This research is funded by EPSRC, the Edinburgh Mathematical Society and the Glasgow Mathematical Journal Trust. Visit http://www.icms.org.uk/proposals/rigs for background details.
- RT @mathshistory: August Mobius (1790-1868) worked in topology, known the for Mobius strip, born 17 Nov bit.ly/qEixG6 1 day ago
- RT @RJS2212: A great ‘Free’ resource from @ATMMathematics for Children in Need - a Co-ordinate Pudsey Bear atm.org.uk/Children-in-ne… #Childr… 1 day ago
- Our comms officer is going to this talk about Mary Somerville at the History Festival. Come along too and find... fb.me/1chJjDBI2 4 days ago
- Infrasturcture fosters collaborations - A guest blogpost by Paul Glendinning (our Scientific Director) for EPSRC fb.me/1khPK2lDS 4 days ago
- RT @EPSRC: .@paglend, Scientific Director @ICMS_Edinburgh, writes about success through collaboration in the #EPSRCBlog https://t.co/l0x4zh… 4 days ago
ICMS on Flickr
ICMS on Facebook