ICMS is happy to announce that it has approved a short Research-in-Groups programme entitled Spectral Triples on A(T)-Algebras and Generalisations submitted by Dr Joachim Zacharias (Nottingham). Dr Zacharias will work on a short research project in Glasgow, with Dr Stuart White (Glasgow) and Dr Adam Skalski (Lancaster/Lódź), from 22 March – 3 April 2009. All three researchers work in operator algebra theory and hope to make specific substantial progress within selected topics involving spectral triples. A report will be published on the icms website following the activity. This research is funded by EPSRC, the Edinburgh Mathematical Society and the Glasgow Mathematical Journal Trust. Visit http://www.icms.org.uk/proposals/rigs for background details.
- RT @7homaslin: The mathematician Svitlana Mayboroda solved a decades-old problem that has big implications for #LED technology. https://t.c… 4 hours ago
- Well, some of you are very keen! That's 40% of the tickets for our Mary Somerville talk gone in less than a day! marysomerville.eventbrite.co.uk 4 hours ago
- RT @REALISE_innOV8: FREE Public lecture on the incomparable Mary Somerville: Scottish scientist, writer, polymath @ICMS_Edinburgh https://t… 20 hours ago
- Our latest Public Events Newsletter is now out there in your inbox or online. #marysomerville #mathsweekscotland fb.me/7v0vdB93o 21 hours ago
- ICMS Public Events News - mailchi.mp/icms/mary-some… 21 hours ago
ICMS on Flickr
ICMS on Facebook